Wednesday, April 2, 2008

week 9, thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I really liked Flickr and google writer. I can see so many possibilities with Flickr that I am going to have a lot of fun using its many features.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I am currently enrolled in the library technician program at Santa Ana College, and am doing an internship at a public library. Because of my Library 2.0 learning, I have been given tasks that I otherwise would not be assigned. I am excited to always be learaning, and now to teach others the skills I have acquired.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was surprised at how much is out there, free for the taking! I know this is just the tip of the iceberg, but it's great to get a headstart on it all.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Not a lot. I thought it was wonderful! I just wish I had done it over the summer. The only reason I didn't is because I forgot. So getting a weekly email reminder from a cheerleader would have helped. I finally figured out how to put a calendar reminder in Outlook once a week, and that helped me this time around.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

Definitely YES! Technology changes so quickly, and who knows how quickly the information I learned through this program becomes outdated?

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote CSLA learning activities?
Incredible learning experience!

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 and you are now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team. Your blog has been moved over to the "Congratulations! 2.0 Team list."

We hope you will cheer on other members of CSLA over the next few weeks -- that is a great way to keep learning, too. Outlook Calendar has helped me remember lots of ongoing tasks -- glad it helped you with SLL2.0.

Best wishes in all that you do!
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Libladylib said...

You are right about how much incredible stuff is out there just for the learning.
Congratulations on finishing. I've just discovered the county library. Love the subscription databases. My friend who is also enrolled in the S.A. classes told me about it when she was doing her internship there. Hard to believe I never knew about it.
Congratulations on finishing this course while also attending classes. Wow!